Here’s Your Chance to Win $1000 Towards Your Education!
Keesler Federal will award four adult and six dependent students a $1,000 scholarship for winning entries in our annual essay contest.
The 2021 essay topic is:
Describe a topic, idea or concept you find so engaging that it makes you lose track of time. Why does it captivate you?
For All Applicants:
- The contest is open to Keesler Federal account holders in good standing who will be full-time college students in the upcoming school year
- Employees and officials of Keesler Federal and their dependents are not eligible to apply for this scholarship
- Applicants must submit an entry of 500 words or less that is typed in the space provided
For Dependent Applicants:
- Dependent applicants and at least one parent must be members in good standing with Keesler Federal
- Your entry should include your name, address, phone number, major, school name and school classification for the upcoming year and your parent/guardian’s name
For Adult Applicants:
- Adult students must not be dependents of their parents and must be at least 21 years old and in good standing with Keesler Federal
- Your entry should include your name, address, phone number, major, school name and school classification for the upcoming school year
About Lisa J. Stubbs
In 1992, the scholarship program was dedicated to Lisa J. Stubbs, a Keesler Federal employee of over 8 years. While employed full time at the credit union, Lisa attended night classes, working toward her degree. Lisa died at the age of 25 after a lifelong struggle with cystic fibrosis.
Since Lisa’s courage and determination were an inspiration to all who knew her, the scholarship program was renamed in her honor in hopes that her spirit of achievement would inspire others to reach new heights.